Backdating child tax

07-Feb-2015 15:24 by 6 Comments

Backdating child tax - Chatweb camfree

If you are working or receive any other type of benefit, including tax credits, the amount of housing benefit you get will be based on your income and capital, and if you have a partner, their income and capital will also be taken into account.Your benefit is worked out by comparing your total net weekly income with your applicable amount.

backdating child tax-63

If you disagree with a decision that we have made regarding your Housing Benefit or Council Tax Reduction you can ask us to look at the decision again. If you do not understand a decision that has been made with regard to your claim you can ask for a statement of reasons. If you are in receipt of Income Support, income-based Jobseeker's Allowance, income-related Employment and Support Allowance or Pension Credit you will normally get maximum Housing Benefit less any deductions for non-dependants.

Housing Benefit in the social sector is based on 100% of your rent, less (if you are not a pensioner) a deduction of: Further deductions are made for any other adults living with you and for any charges included in your rent which are not eligible for housing benefit, like heating and hot water.

The minimum amount of benefit paid is 50 pence per week.

Before your benefit is worked out we allow you certain disregards from your wages.

In addition there is an earnings disregard of £17.10 if you or your partner is working over 30 hours each week, or over 16 hours for certain people.

Housing Benefit helps people on low incomes with the cost of their rent and is paid by the local council.

If you claim income-based Jobseeker's Allowance, Income Support, or income related Employment and Support Allowance or Pension Credit the Department for Work and Pensions will normally tell us and you don't need to claim separately.

If you do not have one, see our leaflet, "A Guide to Basic Bank Accounts", for further help.

You can only have it paid to your landlord in certain circumstances, if: How soon will I be paid?

These include: If you pay for childcare to a registered child-minder, an approved provider such as a local authority holiday scheme, or nursery, we may allow you up to £175 per week for one child or £300 per week for two or more children in approved childcare.

We also take an income from any savings, investments or capital you or your partner may have.

Housing Benefit for tenants in exempt accommodation is based on the Valuation Office Agency (VOA) valuation of a reasonable rent.